The Kansas Department of Commerce currently serves
as the state's direct grant recipient and is responsible for establishing
policies, interpretations, guidelines, and definitions to implement Workforce
Investment Act provisions to the extent that such policies are not inconsistent
with the Act and other associated Federal statutes and regulations governing
One-Stop partner programs.
To this end the Department of Commerce issues
state-level organizational policies addressing Workforce Investment Act
programmatic and administrative requirements. State policies are intended
to simultaneously highlight and reinforce Federal requirements and provide more
specific guidance to local areas when Federal law is silent on the issue.
Commerce policies address the
- Adult/Dislocated Worker fund transfers
- WIA Complaint Processing Procedures
- Eligible Training Providers
- WIA Eligibility Determinations
- Integrated Service Delivery and Functional Management
- OJT/Customized/Incumbent Worker Training Activities
- Workforce Center Certification
This category list is non-exhaustive. To access the Kansas Department of Commerce's full policy list, please click here.